Microsoft office is one of the most popular software suites in the world, used by approximately 1.5 billion people worldwide.
A lot of software like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, skype etc. that holds major importance in today’s world was launched by Microsoft.
The innovation and experimentation of Microsoft are boundless. At its Inspire Conference, Microsoft announced Windows 365, the company’s first subscription and cloud-based Window license.
Originally Microsoft aimed at building software that looks, feels and has the protection of a regular Windows PC but can be accessed through an app or a Web Browser. Users can view and access Windows 10 or 11 directly from an app and access the tools and settings from the cloud as well.
From an IT perspective, Windows 365 makes everything simpler and easier as it is cutting down hardware performance requirements.
Here are 7 things that you need to know about this new innovation: –
- Windows 365 will support business apps, namely Microsoft 365, Power Platform and Dynamic 365. Other apps like Microsoft Endpoint Manager will also be able to work with Windows 365 in order to allow IT teams to manage cloud PCs, also allowing security policies remotely from their devices.
- Windows 365 comes along with Endpoint Analytics dashboard in order to provide analytics and allow access to look at the Internet connects across the network. Moreover, there is also a new Watchdog Service to let the IT teams run dialogists.
- Apart from offering remote access, Windows 365 is also designed to access some of today’s security challenges using a “Zero Trust” architecture. The service comes along with multi-factor authentications to verify login or access attempts to the cloud PC using an integration with Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- Others to delegate specific permissions such as licensing, device management, and cloud PC management using specific rules are also available. Microsoft Defender can also be used for Endpoint enhanced security.
- All managed discs running Windows 365-based cloud PCs are encrypted, stored data is encrypted as well, and network traffic to and from the PCs are also encrypted.
- Windows 365 will be easily accessible and available through all sorts of devices like Mac, iPad, Linux and even android phone.
- The configurations in which the service will be available was not talked about, but it is believed that the service will be available in multiple configurations on the basis of RAM, CPU, storage etc. Though the preview showed the following three configurations:
8v CPU, 16GB RAM and 512GB storage
4v CPU, 8GB RAM and 256GB storage
2v CPU, 4GB RAM and 256GB storage
By Aditri Priya, DQ Channels