In this very unique segment of DQ Channels, we have covered the journey of GVB Geomatics Pvt. Ltd. as a born into the Cloud company. Venkata B Ganugula, Founder and CEO, GVB Geomatics shared his entire journey about how his organisation has moved to the cloud business, challenges, growth, and future vision.
When and how did you move to Cloud Business?
We are a cloud-born company incubated at NASSCOM 10,000 Start-ups based in Gurgaon, India. Our cutting cutting-edge on-demand digital transformation and collaboration cloud platform, Nebula Cloud helps enterprises deploy fast, secure, and high-performance CAD, CAM, CAE, CFD, Big Data, GIS and PLM Solutions on cloud and provides a seamless experience to the engineering community.
We have combined our deep engineering systems experience and strong partnerships with software, graphics technology, and cloud infrastructure providers to create this cloud solution. Nebula Cloud enables limitless growth for businesses of all sizes by providing innovative digital and cloud technologies via IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS-based solutions, and unblocking their capital and potential and help them deliver complex projects in a very intuitive way and grow exponentially globally.
Nebula Cloud Platform’s mission is to provide highly powerful digital collaboration platforms that empower the world’s engineers, scientists, developers, CIO and IT professionals to design innovative products, develop robust applications, and transform IT into unified, agile and robust environments.
What are the different Cloud services do you offer?
Our industry agnostic cloud products include Multi-Cloud enabled On-Demand High-Performance Computing (HPC) Platform, Nebula Cloud Platform as a Service (Nebula PaaS), Nebula Enterprise Cloud Brokerage Platform, Nebula Virtual Cloud Labs and Nebula Desktop as a Service (Nebula DaaS) are available for enterprises who want to digitally transform their business and products to cloud-based digital commerce and service the customers globally.
Our Offerings, Solutions and Services:
- Nebula Cloud Platform is a global multi-cloud enabled on-demand Software, Data and Cloud Marketplace platform providing B2B, B2C IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS-based solutions across industries.
- Nebula Trail Room – A launching platform for OEMs, ISVs and a Trail room for b2b, b2c
- Nebula Virtual Cloud Labs and Nebula Edulab – An innovative virtual cloud labs for the academic world (Universities, Colleges, Schools, Training Institutions, Charity Organizations and Students)
- Nebula Compulab – A ready to use Sandbox environment with 1-click deployment options for Small businesses, Start-ups, Application Developers and freelancers, to move from on-premise IT to cloud-based computing for their IT development projects.
- Nebula Desktop as a Service (Nebula DaaS) – A virtual office and VDI initiative for Small Businesses.
- TCO Calculator – calculate on-premise vs cloud investments and realize true TCO & ROI
- Nebula Managed Cloud Services – Our Managed Services provides highly disciplined operational support, monitoring and optimization using an ITIL based approach, for IT infrastructure and software services, whether they are on-premise, in the cloud or a combination of both.
What sort of changes have you done to move to the cloud within the organisation in terms of Team, skill set, infrastructure, and others?
As a cloud-born company, our associates are qualified young engineers and IT consultants with certification in AWS, Azure and GCP. Our production environment and other IT deployments are in AWS and Azure. We constantly upgrade our skills by investing in people and technology so they are equipped with necessary to tackle any kind of IT and software related issues.
How does Crayon Software help you to grow your business and customers?
Crayon Software has been encouraging right from our inception and has a flexible business model to help partners and customers globally. Through their service line products, it has provided a plug and play subscription-based model which is very innovative and economical option for partners and customers in IT, Software and Cloud related domains.
How your old and new customers adopting the new technology and moving to the cloud?
Customers are finding our Nebula Desktop as a Service (Nebula DaaS) offering as an innovative cloud platform for on-boarding customers from on-premise IT to cloud-based computing for both AWS and Azure.
How many customers you have, who are taking Cloud solutions and what are their different verticals?
We have customers coming from multiple industry domains. Primarily our cloud products and services are used in AEC, Engineering, Manufacturing, Health Care, Life Sciences and Education.
Previously on Cloud Journey: Agaram Technologies
What are the different challenges did you face in this journey?
Branding, partner engagements and price competition are the key challenges identified in this LOB. We overcame with innovative products and offerings, thereby reducing customers TCO and increasing ROI.
What is your overall growth being a cloud partner?
We grew 15% YoY overall from our various cloud products portfolio and services.
What are your future goals?
Our startup is gaining quite a strong foothold in the market and has been recognized as Top 20 promising cloud startups in India for 2020 by CIOReviewIndia. We are also accepted for incubation from Netherlands, Denmark and Canada under the Start-up Visa Program. Striving to further make a positive impact in this domain, GVB Geomatics envisions strategically expanding to global markets by the end of this year.