The 21st century has witnessed many technological revolutions but it has also given rise to cybercrime. Cybercriminals are certainly not limited to any geographies or any nationality, the internet has given them an open field to target anyone from anywhere. According to a study by Comparitech, India is among the top 10 worst countries among the malware-infected countries. So, are we ready to tackle these advanced threats?
As there is a popular saying, ‘Charity begins at home’, your personal computer or laptop is where you should start your ‘keeping yourself safe from cybercriminals’ practice and antivirus software is the first step for it. It must be noted that only antivirus is not enough for the protection against cybercrime. The human factor is the weakest link in the cybersecurity chain and raising awareness about cybersecurity hygiene is very important. Although a computer system requires many other products and features for maximum security against cybercrimes.
It is always a daunting task to select free antivirus software but the users should always look for security features and individual requirements before making a decision. Good antivirus software protects the user’s valuable data, files, documents and provides a safe internet browsing experience. Before deciding the antivirus, users should always opt for the trial version and check if it suits their requirements.
Every user should check below listed 5 must-have features while choosing free antivirus software,
- Full Proof Security against Malware: Security against numerous threats like viruses, malware, trojans, phishing attacks, worms, spam attacks, and other online cyber threats should be a must for any antivirus. As the threat space is increasing and cybercriminals are creating new forms of threats on a regular basis, the antivirus software must keep a check on the latest threats and provide maximum security.
- Cloud Protection Technology: Antivirus are getting advanced day by day and choosing an antivirus with active cloud protection technology is to ensure advanced protection for laptop or computer system. Cloud protection technology in antivirus provides real-time threat protection by regularly updating the virus database. It is light on the resources so doesn’t impact the performance of your system and requires very less processing power from the system.
- Safe Browsing: The Internet has become part of our daily life and it is also the playfield for hackers and cybercriminals. It is important that the antivirus should provide a safe online browsing option for the users. People use the internet to avail services like online shopping, online banking, bills payments, etc, and compromising your details can lead to financial losses. An antivirus must protect user’s digital space from the cybercriminal and provide a safe browsing experience.
- USB Threat Protection: USB or any other external device poses a potent threat to the systems. Modern-day antivirus software has the feature of scanning all the external devices as soon as they are inserted into the system. This ensures that the system remains protected from the virus or other threats that can harm the computer system.
- Intuitive Interface: A user-friendly interface makes it easier for the user to operate the functions of the antivirus. The interface provides the user an option for full system scanning, custom scanning, or quick scan depending upon the user’s requirement. An easily available log reports and automatic updates make an antivirus easy to use for both tech-savvy and casual users.
Protegent antivirus software is among the best free antivirus software which provides full security for your computer system and incorporates all the mentioned features. It is the world’s only antivirus that comes with in-built data recovery software, which means you never have to worry about your data loss even in case of system format or disk corruption issues. Users can also choose different variants of Protegent antivirus according to their requirements.
Contributed By- Alok Gupta, Managing Director, Unistal Systems Pvt. Ltd.