Dassault Systèmes’ “Science in the Age of Experience” event, the second in the company’s “Age of Experience” event series, will explore how integrated multiphysics and multiscale modeling and simulation are enabling scientists to push the evolution of engineered materials, precision medicine, additive manufacturing, the Internet of Things (IoT) and other trends. Industry thought leaders will join the company’s 3DEXPERIENCE platform user communities at the Marriott Copley Place Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts, from May 23-May 25, 2016.
Two keynotes will follow opening remarks from Bernard Charlès, President and CEO, Dassault Systèmes, Max Carnecchia, CEO, BIOVIA, Dassault Systèmes and Scott Berkey CEO, SIMULIA, Dassault Systèmes:
- Professor Martin Karplus, 2013 Nobel Laureate in Chemistry and Harvard Professor Emeritus, on his pioneering use of in silico methodologies in modeling complex chemical systems and reactions, thereby transforming modeling and simulation from a specialized field to a central part of modern chemistry and structural biology.
- Mark Meili, Director of Modeling and Simulation, The Procter & Gamble Company, on Procter & Gamble’s journey to democratize and manage simulations vital to product success with the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
There will be over 100 user paper presentations and 40 partners exhibiting at the event. Featured user speakers and their topics include:
- James Connelly, Ph.D., Global Head of Research Data Management, Sanofi Pharma, on efforts to drive a revolution in research informatics systems to make all relevant data available to drug discovery researchers.
- Jay Maas, Analysis Engineer, Trek Bicycle Corporation, on simulation as an integral part of the design process and a key component in the success of Trek products;
- David Misemer, Ph.D., IT Director, 3M, on building collaboration in the age of information security.
- Professor Silvestre Pinho, Imperial College London, on novel ways in which his team is using SIMULIA applications to implement new numerical methods for structural design.
- Gang Xue, Ph.D., Scientific Director, Amgen, on the Amgen Holistic Lab project’s virtual collaborative environment for Amgen process development scientists to shift from experiment execution to data modeling and experiment design with productivity gain.
For more information on Science in the Age of Experience, visit this site.