Advertisment

Fire in New Delhi's Vishal Bhawan

author-image
DQC Bureau
New Update

Amrita Tejasvi

Advertisment

New Delhi: A fire broke out on the first floor of Vishal Bhawan in Nehru

place on Saturday at around 8:25 in the evening due to a short circuit in the

building. The fire caused damaged to shop no.103 in the first floor where a

renovation work was going on and the cables in the corridor of the floor were

burnt down. According to eyewitnesses, the fire brigade came on time and took

around one hour to get the fire under control.

"Since some wood work was happening in the shop that caught fire, it

filled lot of smoke in the corridor and it caused danger to other offices in the

floor. However, no other damage has taken place," said Pankaj Badlish, CEO

of Compro Computers who has his office in the same building.

According to market sources, the incident was not an accident but was planted

by the landlord of the shop who was having dispute with the tenant for a long

time and had threatened him for bad consequences. Both, the landlord and the

tenant were not available to comment on the matter

Advertisment