Fortinet announced its results from NSS Labs’ annual Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) Group Test. In this year’s test, Fortinet’s FortiGate 500E Next-Generation Firewall, achieved 99.31 per cent overall security effectiveness and low total cost of ownership.
NSS Labs continues to evolve the NGFW test methodology to meet the most demanding customer requirements. This is the fifth consecutive year Fortinet received a “Recommended” rating, proving FortiGate has the right combination of security, performance and value to handle today’s most demanding workloads.
- High SSL Inspection Performance: Fortinet’s FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall delivered high SSL inspection performance with minimal performance degradation and showed efficacy across all 32 cipher suites and emergent ciphers tested by NSS Labs. Combined, Fortinet delivers a highly effective SSL-ready cloud access NGFW, and we stand by our solutions by transparently publishing SSL inspection performance numbers.
- Unparalleled Protection Against Evasive Threats: FortiGate blocked 100 per cent of evasions and once again excelled at preventing known and unknown threats with an overall security effectiveness rating of 99.3 per cent.
- NGFW Price/Performance (Total Cost of Ownership): Fortinet excelled in price/performance for NGFW among all 10 participating vendors. In fact, the FortiGate 500E was rated by NSS at 6,753 Mbps, which is higher than our own rating of 5,200Mbps.
- Broad Coverage of Enterprise Deployments: Fortinet has been recommended in eight different NSS Labs group tests in the last year ranging from network security, end-point, breach detection and web application firewall.
The Top NGFW Choice for Secure SD-WAN and Cloud
With the adoption of Cloud and SaaS applications, SSL (encrypted) traffic has risen significantly. In fact, NSS Labs predicts that around 75 per cent of total enterprise traffic will be encrypted by 2019. To successfully compete in today’s marketplace, organizations can’t afford to compromise business performance for security. That’s why it’s essential that organizations select a next-generation firewall solution that combines high SSL inspection performance with high accuracy.
The results from the 2018 NSS Labs NGFW Group Test prove that Fortinet delivers the right combination of SSL inspection performance and accuracy in detecting both known and unknown threats, providing a modern solution that keeps up with the pace of any cloud deployment. In addition, Fortinet delivers a future-proof use case for the enterprise branch that combines NGFW security and SD-WAN together, enabling SSL inspection at the branch for direct internet access to SaaS applications.
In addition, this year’s NSS Labs NGFW Group Test shows that Fortinet delivers one of the highest overall security performance and low total cost of ownership of all participating vendors, further solidifying the FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall as a compelling balance of security, performance and value.
Fortinet Delivers a Security Fabric Built Around NSS Labs-Recommended Solutions
Fortinet solutions consistently demonstrated superior security effectiveness, advanced features and superior performance when put to the test. Fortinet’s commitment to testing and validation has resulted in Fortinet solutions earning NSS Labs Recommended ratings across eight different group tests:
- Data Center Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Data Center Security Gateway
- Breach Prevention Systems
- Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System
- Breach Detection Systems
- Next-Generation Firewall
- Web Application Firewall
- Advanced Endpoint Protection
All of Fortinet’s NSS Labs-recommended solutions are designed to interoperate as part of a holistic security architecture through the Fortinet Security Fabric, producing a powerful, integrated end-to-end security solution across the entire attack surface.