The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) India Forum returns on 27 October 2017 at The Leela. The sixth edition of the forum will see brands, agencies and publishers gather to share experiences and successes in mobile marketing, and exchange ideas on how mobile can be integrated into campaigns. In the evening, India’s best in mobile marketing will be recognised and celebrated at the SMARTIES India Awards. The SMARTIES is the only global mobile marketing awards programme that honours innovation, creativity and success in mobile marketing.
Increased mobile video capabilities are set to be a game changer, with the mobile video market expected to reach over $13 billion by 2020. At the same time, the explosion in consumer data is driving machine learning and artificial intelligence, enabling marketers to better target consumers. Marketers are also calling for more accurate measurement and attribution standards. These are just a few of the mobile marketing trends the industry is witnessing this year.
This year’s MMA Forum India will focus on how mobile is redefining the way we engage the world and the radical changes in how companies interact with consumers. Speakers at the Forum include the following:
- Sapna Chadha, Head of Marketing, Google India and Southeast Asia
- Sam Singh, Director of Agency Business, Google India
- D Shivakumar, Chairman & CEO, PepsiCo India Holdings Pvt. Ltd. and Chairman MMA India
- Prasun Basu, President, South Asia, Nielsen
- Maneesha Khanna, Director – Global Media & Content COE, PepsiCo
- Rohit Dadwal, Managing Director, Mobile Marketing Association Asia Pacific Limited
- Vasuta Agarwal, Vice President & General Manager, India, InMobi
- Sanchita Johri, Group Digital Marketing Lead India and Digital Head of FemCare APAC, Johnson & Johnson (Consumer, India)
- Matthew Talbot, CEO, BBM
- Mallikarjun Das, Group CEO, Starcom
- CVL Srinivas, CEO, South Asia, GroupM
- Avinash Kumar Jha, CGM and Marketing Head, Patanjali Ayurved Ltd
- Hemant Mehta, Managing Director, Media, Digital & Retail, Kantar IMRB, and Chief Strategy Officer, Kantar South Asia
- Rohit Sharma, CEO and CO-Founder, POKKT
- Johnny Li, Vice President, Global Sales & Business Development, Cheetah Mobile
The Forum will take place against the backdrop of a rapidly growing mobile marketing industry in India, with the country boasting over 1 billion mobile subscribers and 79% of web traffic originating from mobile compared to 50% globally. These rapid changes in media consumption have led to a period of transition, and what comes next is unprecedented – a new mobile age built upon three key pillars that the Forum will cover:
- Emerging formats in mobile: The craze over the free-to-play, augmented reality mobile gamePokémon Go in 2016 is one to be remembered. We’ve seen an increase in the use of VR/AR and other emerging formats, which extend the brand experience beyond the mobile screen and change the way we tell and consume stories.
- Effective Measurement: Measuring the effectiveness of mobile marketing has always been an iffy exercise, making it challenging for marketers to justify mobile spend. New technological developments have rendered it easier to harness consumer data, thereby ushering in smarter measurements and metrics.
- Advanced Data Analytics: As technology advances, data collection – and the customer engagement tactics that data makes possible – will become even more nuanced, enabling marketers to run more successful retargeting campaigns and creating more value for them by improving their data.