Sify Technologies Limited, a Telecom and Data Center centric IT services in India with global delivery capabilities, today announced its consolidated results under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the first quarter of the fiscal year 2017-18.
- Revenue for the quarter was INR 4555 million, an increase of 9% over the same quarter last year.
- EBITDA for the quarter was INR 699 million, an increase of 12% over the same quarter last year.
- Net Profit for the quarter was INR 174 million, an increase of 39% over the same quarter last year.
- CAPEX during the quarter was INR 573 million.
- Cash balance at the end of the quarter was INR 1820 million.
Telecom centric services
Comprises of Managed data services on our domestic and international network and termination of voice call over internet protocol into our domestic and into our international partners network.
- Revenue from Data business grew by 9% over the same quarter last year.
- Overall, revenue from Telecom centric services decreased by 5% versus the same quarter last year, primarily due to a reduction in revenue from India voice termination business.
- Sify signed up approximately 200 new clients for Telecom centric services during the quarter.
- Sify’s data network reached a milestone, covering 1500 cities; this is approximately a 62% presence across India.
- Sify also completely upgraded its international PoPs and capacities in Europe and Asia to deliver the next generation of scale and services for its global enterprise customers.
- As part of a multi-city Hyper-Scale network rollout, Sify’s Mumbai network was upgraded to 100G level to support scalability for Cloud and Data Center Interconnect services.
- Our recently launched Managed Wifi services is gaining significant traction in the Banking industry with multiple Private and Public banks signing up.
- During the quarter, Sify completed a pan-India WAN network for a Large Public Sector Insurance company, and expanded the WAN for another Large Public sector Bank.
Data Center centric IT services
Comprises of Managed Colocation services at Sify’s six Tier 3 Data Centers, multi-flavoured Cloud services, Application-led services and Technology Integration-led services
- Revenue from Data Center centric IT services grew by 31% over same quarter last year.
- 98 customers were signed up for Data Center centric IT Services in this quarter.
- Sify enhanced its Cloud services portfolio with India’s first All-Flash storage. This is the highest performance per-Terabyte available today in the country.
- Sify partnered with SAP to roll out a quick-implementation solution for Enterprises migrating to the new indirect tax legislation, the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Sify partnered with Enghouse to rollout Contact-Center-as-a-Service (CcaS), migrating all existing Contact Center customers to the new platform.
- Significant wins for Colocation services were from a leading power transmission company and a world leader in logistics.
- A Large Public Sector General Insurance Company contracted with Sify for Data Center/DR Infrastructure services and to provide Infra Integration services for DC Network, IT Infra Compute and Storage, Virtualization and Security services.
- A large Public sector Bank signed up to virtualize its entire DC Infrastructure and Applications.
- Sify was awarded Partner of the Year at the VMware Partnership Leader Forum.