In this new and unique Column in DQ Channels under Top IT Association in India, we have covered CMDA Pune and gathered deep information and insights into the association and Pune Market.
CMDA activates in the last 6 months.
Business activity: Seminars – Technical & Management
- Business opportunity seminar in Pro AV sector on 3rd August 2019
- Technical Seminar – Data storage on 17th September 2019
- Management Seminar- Digital Marketing on 16th December 2019
- Organized member’s Expo visits – INFOCOM, Mumbai on 18th September 2019. Indian consumer electronics and home appliance exhibition, Mumbai on 14th November 2019
- Organized National Distributors Meet on 20th august 2019
- Implemented Legal Arbitration Process- Arbitration between members to members /vendors /distributors.
- Tie-ups with Courier Company on 26th October 2019.
- CMDA Annual Diary 2020 will be released on 31st December 2019.
- Monthly Trade Magazine – CMDA Times digital format.
- CMDA B2B IT Expo will be held on 11th & 12th 2020
Family Activities :
- CMDA Monsoon Trek on 15 September 2019.
- Dipavali Saptsurachi 2019
- Annual Health checkups for members and their families will be held in March 2020.
List of Executive committee members of your association
|Rahul Hajare||Vice President|
|Mujaffar Inamdar||Jt. Secretary|
How is the market performing in the last 6 months?
The impact of online platforms is very much visible. Constant online sales have adversely impacted the sales figures of the trade community in Pune. On top of that, some laptop vendors have increased the prices of the products and this too has impacted the consumer sentiments. Government orders were also slow due to the elections. The auto industry in Pune is also facing a slowdown, which has also impacted the sales of our members. Overall, the last 6 months have seen slower growth in Pune.
What are the primary business verticals in the Pune market?
Vertical -wise– Home users, Education, Government, Automobile manufacturing and SME.
Product-wise- Laptops and computer desktops, print devices, storage, surveillance, LFD, and Networking.
What are the different challenges/ issues with the vendors or customers?
Price support vis-à-vis online prices are one major issue with vendors. Vendors also need to rationalize the demand and supply projections of the Pune market. They need to keep track of fakes in the consumable supply market. The partner needs reassurance of sales support from the Vendor. Service commitments are also a problem.
Customers have become very price-conscious due to Online market places. This has also led to price confusion in his mind and this leads to delay in the purchase decision. Services demanded at no extra cost.
Which are the top-selling services/products?
Laptops and desktop computers, software licenses, networking, surveillance, print devices, storage, and memory.
Number of active members in the association and their top principles
CMDA Pune has 385 active members.
Top Principals: –
Desktop /Laptops/Servers – HP, DELL, LENOVO, ACER, ASUS
Peripherals –INTEL, AMD, SEAGATE, WD, SAMSUNG, ASUS, MSI, COOLERMASTER, ARTIS,
Printers – EPSON, CANON, HP, BROTHER,
CCTV/Biometric –HIKVISION, CP PLUS, SECUREYE, ESSL
Networking –DLINK, DIGISOL, CISCO, HUAWEI, NETGEAR, TPLINK
Projector – EPSON, BENQ, SONY, VIEWSONIC
How may cloud partners in your association as a member?
Many of CMDA members have ventured into the cloud business. There are approx 50+ Cloud Partners actively working as a Cloud Partner.