Fortinet broadcasted its results in the inaugural NSS Labs Data Center Security Gateway group test report. The testing brought to notice that Fortinet’s FortiGate 7060Eand 3000D Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFWs) both earned NSS Labs’ coveted ‘Recommended’ rating.
- The FortiGate7060Eand 3000D NGFWsboth delivered the industry’s leading combination of Security Effectiveness and Value per protected Megabit Per Second (Mbps) in the NSS Labs Security Value Map (SVM).
- The FortiGate 7060Edemonstrated faster IPS throughput than the performance guaranteed in its datasheet.
- NSS Labs new Data Center Security Gateway report is the industry’s most comprehensive test of security effectiveness and network performance for data centre security appliances offered today and helps customers select the best solutions based on real-world results.
Leading Security at Data Center Scale
The digital transformation is paving the way for 100-gigabit network architectures that require security solutions able to keep up with increasing volume of traffic and secure a mix of different traffic types such as IPv4 and IPv6. The persistent nature of attacks also means that today’s data centres require advanced threat prevention capabilities like intrusion prevention (IPS) that can be applied at line speeds.
Fortinet’s FortiGate NGFWs are designed to deliver the high throughput and security effectiveness required in today’s large-scale data centres.The FortiGate utilize Fortinet security and network processors to deliver the high-performance security with single-digit application traffic latency for both IPv4 and increasing volumes of IPv6 traffic. Delivering NGFW through 30 Mbps up to more than 100Gbps, Fortinet’s FortiGate NGFWssuit a wide range of data centre use cases without disrupting network speed.
At the high end of the spectrum, the FortiGate 7060E NGFW is a powerful combination of advanced intrusion prevention (IPS), granular application control, and broad threat protection at multi-gigabit speeds.
- Exploit Block Rate: 97.9%
- Evasions Blocked: 100%
- IPS Protected Throughput: IPv4131,486 Mbps, IPv6 114,416 Mbps
Fortinet’s FortiGate 3000DNGFWis engineered to deliver the highest firewall performance in a compact appliance form-factor, with the flexibility to be deployed at the Internet or cloud edge, in the data centre core or internal segments.
- Exploit Block Rate: 98%
- Evasions Blocked: 100%
- IPS Protected Throughput: IPv4 30,987 Mbps, IPv6 30,046 Mbps
Fortinet Delivers an NSS Recommended Security Fabric
Fortinet solutions consistently demonstrated superior security effectiveness, advanced features and superior performance when put to the test. Fortinet’s commitment to testing and validation has resulted in nine Fortinet solutions earning NSS Recommended ratings across seven different group tests throughout 2017:
- Data Center Security Gateway: FortiGate 7060E and FortiGate 3000D
- Breach Prevention Systems: FortiSandbox Cloud, FortiGate 600D, FortiMail Virtual Appliance, and FortiClient
- Next-generation Intrusion Prevention System: FortiGate 600D
- Breach Detection Systems: FortiSandbox 2000E and FortiClient
- Next-Generation Firewall: FortiGate 3200D and FortiGate 600D
- Web Application Firewall: FortiWeb 3000E
- Advanced Endpoint Protection: FortiClient