In this new and unique Column in DQ Channels under Top IT Associations in India, we have covered the Ahmedabad Computer Merchants Association (ACMA) based in Ahmedabad and gathered deep information, insights of the association, and Gujarat IT Market.
History/ Journey of ACMA- Ahmedabad as an IT Association.
Established in 1997, Ahmedabad Computer Merchants Association (ACMA) is one of the most Active and Aggressive ICT association in Gujarat. The First IT and Hardware Association of Western Gujarat to become an affiliate channel association of ‘MAIT’. The Founding member of FITAG (Federation of IT Association of Gujarat) and FAIITA (Federation of all India IT Association). Our prime objective lies in working for the improvement of the IT trading community and creating awareness of the ICT industry amongst the consumers. Our mission is to be an association where members get significant and quantifiable benefits.
Our members serving almost 90% of the computer hardware and consumables ICT business in the Ahmedabad region.
Association activates in the last 6 months.
- Navratri event was conducted by ACMA with great zeal and zest on 27th September 2019 from 7 PM. Our celebration was not just limited to our members, it was our immense pleasure to invite IT and Non-IT Industrial Association Heads, sr. Government officials, sr. fellow ACMA Members as a guest for the services by them to IT fertility.
- New Year and Kite Festival: The beginning of the new year is also Gujarat’s own festival i.e. Uttarayan when it is coming, all the arrangements have been made on the terrace and it tastes like our favourite Chiki. New Year as a good start for association members with the wish of receiving Lakshmiji’s grace. We have given all ACMA members a box of sweet and a 10-gram silver coin.
- Cricket Tournament was to be already planned, but considering the COVID-19 scenario, it has been cancelled.
- ACMA in support of its members, forwarded a letter to Honorable Municipal Commissioner of Ahmedabad, Vijay Nehra to consider the IT Hardware Sales and its support services as Essential Services during Lockdown.
- Under the challenging times of the pandemic, being a most responsible association ACMA took the revolutionary step and tied up with one of the biggest insurance intermediaries in our region to provide COVID- 19 insurance policies to ACMA members.
- eShop Launch With FITAG and FAIITA for the empowerment of SI’S and Traders. ACMA had Invited all the members to virtual call on 18th Aug. 2020.
- ACMA organized training session Tech-Friday Trainings setting up technical enablement on Server and Storage on 21st August 2020 via Zoom Call at 2.00 pm – 4.00 pm by Anand Sharma (Technology Consultant), Awarded to Anand Sharma on 25th Aug. 2020.
- Many complain for the Service, DOA, RMA are resolved by ACMA Team
- ACMA made a Special “SI Issue Resolution Committee ” on 31st Aug.2020. This joint committee will study warranty policy, DOA policy, Incentive or Rebate policy of vendors, NDs, OEMs and educate ACMA members for issue any.
- Event – Laugh out Loud with Kishore Kaka – A Family Fun Evening With ACMA Association and Cisco organised on Sunday, September 6, 2020.
List of Executive committee members of ACMA- Ahmedabad.
|Haresh Katariya||Earth Syscom Pvt. Ltd.||President|
|Deepak Shah||Hurricane Systems Pvt. Ltd||Vice president|
|Vallabh Kasundara||Harivallabh Infocom||Secretary|
|Kalpesh Vakharia||planet info world||Treasurer|
|Kishorbhai Nagecha||K.P.Commercial Pvt.Ltd||Immediate Past president -IPP|
|Purav Shah||Hem Infotech||Advisor Committee|
|Vitrag Bhandari||Dolphin Computers||EXECOM Member|
|Kamal Parikh||K2-Sukrut Technologies Pvt.ltd||EXECOM Member|
|Milind Diwanji||Pace Computers Consultants Pvt. Ltd||EXECOM Member|
|Gaurang Sheth||G.P.Services||EXECOM Member|
|Rakesh Patel||Data Tech Computer Pvt Ltd||EXECOM Member|
|Sanjay Patoliya||Sonal Infocom||Co-op Member|
|Minesh Jani||Amity System Pvt Ltd||co-op Member|
|Nayan Shihora||Byte Interface Pvt Ltd||co-op Member|
|Alpesh Patel||Metrobit Networks Pvt Ltd||co-op Member|
|Vishal Thakkar||Shree sai Krupa Commercial Enterprise||co-op Member|
|Mitesh Shah||Access Computers||co-op Member|
How is the market performing in the last 6 months?
The demand for Laptop and WFH products has increased due to lockdown and COVID-10 pandemic. Rest of the IT business is gradually coming on the track.
What are the primary business verticals in ACMA- Ahmedabad and nearby market?
IT Hardware, Trading, Integrations, IT Solutions are the primary business verticals in ACMA- Ahmedabad and nearby market.
What are the different challenges/ issues with the vendors or customers?
Generally warranty, DOA Policy improvement and Services are the big challenges with partners. As the demand for laptops has increased due to WFH and corona pandemic, shortage of goods (IT products especially laptops and accessories) is a big concern these days.
Which are the top-selling services/products?
All brands laptops, AMD and Intel Processors, Printers, Motherboards, RAM, and CCTVs business are prime selling services.
What are the different business verticals in the nearby market?
Ahemdabad has different verticles such as Auto manufacturing, IT&ITeS, and education. Currently, smart city projects and other government business projects are coming to Ahmedabad.
The number of active members in the association and their top principles.
ACMA at present has 300 active Members.
Top Principles: HP, Dell, Lenovo, Intel, AMD, Gigabyte, ASUS, Hikvision, Dahua, Corsair, Intex, Logitech, Epson, Canon, Brother, Microsoft, Quick heal.
How may cloud partners in your association as a member?
Approximately 35 to 45 partners are doing cloud business in ACMA.